It is not a new recipe from me but I decided to upload this entry because I want to share this menu with my friend from United Kingdom, Yra Binan. She asked for the recipe when
she saw this photo which I put it in my Facebook.
Actually, the recipe was in Bahasa Melayu, I'm afraid that she can't understand it.
So this is for you Yra Binan...wink..wink...
How To Make The Gravy / Sauce :
1 kg mackerel fish - boiled it then take out the flesh, blend it
100 gm fish curry paste
2 tbs kerisek *
2 pcs asam gelugur (garcinia atroviridis)
1/4 cup cooking oil
2 cups coconut milk
2 tbs salt - according to your taste
1 packet of spaghetti - I prefer the San Remo angle hair spaghetti
*fresh old coconut grated, toasted it in a pan until it's turn to brown. Then put it into the dry grinder or you can use pestel and mortar to ground it to paste.
2 lemon grass
2 inch ginger
- place it in the food processor then process until smooth
1 bunch of daun kesum (Vietnamese Coriander) - place it in the food processor then process until smooth
- Heat the oil in a pot, put in the (C), fried it till fragrant.
- Then put the curry paste - add some water. Cooked it until you can saw the oil coming up and you can smell nice aroma from the curry paste.
- Pour the coconut milk, then put the asam gelugur and salt.
- Cooked it until boiled then place the daun kesum paste and kerisek.
- Boiled the gravy a few minute, then off the heat.
- Now boil a pot of water to cook the spaghetti - you can refer how to cook the spaghetti from the packet.
For Garnishing :
1 cucumber - peeled the skin then seeded it, cut it finely
4 long beans - chopped
1 bunga kantan (torch ginger flower) - chopped
1 bunch of mint leaves - chopped
6 calamansi limes - cut it to half
How To Prepare The Sambal Belacan :
50 gm shrimp paste (belacan)
120 gm fresh red chillies - seeded
5 bird's eye chillies
1/2 tsp salt
2 tbs cooking oil
- Heat the oil in a pan.
- Add belacan and fry over low heat till fragrant.
- Put in both chillies, fry it about a minute.
- Then remove from heat.
- Tip into a food processor and blitz until finely chopped.
How To Serve Laksa Johor :
- Place the spaghetti into a bowl, pour the gravy on it.
- Sprinkle with the cucumber, long beans and mint leaves.
- Then put in the sambal belacan and calamansi lime.
- Now you can eat the yummylicious Laksa Johor, don't forget to squeeze the calamansi lime.
HAPPY COOKING :-)